Friday, April 10, 2009

???

I grew up in a Christian house hold. My father is very religious. He brought me along with my two brothers to church every Sunday. We prayed together. I was involved in my church: the Easter plays, bible study, teen Fridays and all that jazz...
Since the beginning of my senior year in high school, I began to question my belief in Christianity. There are so many different perspectives on how we as humans were first created. The idea of evolution seems pretty logical. But that’s where the skepticism comes in. Human beings are so complex. There is no way I’m going to accept this theory that we just developed from a different species. The end! This idea is wayyyy too simple. I believe our creation may have been so complicated, that it is impossible to describe. I like to believe that it is beyond human understanding; I love the mystery. I’m taking this class because I want to learn about different religions beliefs on human creation/development.

No comments:

Post a Comment