Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rastafari Religion.....?

Ok. So I have 3 cousins in Jamaica, and 2 back at home in New York who identify themselves a part of the Rastafarian religion. Many tend to think that all Rasta’s do is smoke weed and dread their hair. I’m pretty sure this is not true, which is why I’m super excited to get to the Rastafarian section of the course =). The only thing I know about the religion, is that it originated through the teachings of Afro centrism, and that they speak an English dialect called Patois. (I could be totally wrong.)

Specifics that I want to learn:
Rastafarian history, belief system, music, art, politics, language, rituals, community………Ok so I want to learn a lot; because my Rastafarian cousins are by far some of the coolest people I know. =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm glad you are looking forward to the Rastafari section of the course, but the posts for class need to be more speculative and engage with ideas. This could be an extra post, but make sure you have one substantial post that responds to the question and another that builds on our themes..

    ReplyDelete